Booking Your Ceremony

Payment of a non-refundable deposit is essential so I can secure your date and time, and process your documentation.

Under the marriage Act 1961 there are certain obligations that you, as a couple intending to get married, must meet prior to a marriage ceremony being solemnised. I will ensure you have a full understanding of all legal requirements of a marriage. I undertake to comply with all areas of the Marriage Act 1961.

The Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) will need to be completed and lodged with myself. You are required to produce your original Birth Certificate. In the case of persons previously married an original copy of your Decree Absolute, Divorce Certificate or, in the case of widowhood, an original copy of the Death Certificate must be produced.

After lodging your NOIM and paying a deposit I provide you with resource material including suggested ceremonies, and numerous examples of readings, vows, ring and other special ceremony words to assist us create your unique ceremony. You may also want family members, children or friends to participate in some special way in your ceremony; I have many examples of how you can include these significant people.

Prior to your wedding, both partners will be required to sign a declaration, under the Marriage Act 1961, stating that you believe there is no legal impediment to the marriage between yourself and your partner. This is a legal document and calls for honesty at all times.

At the completion of the ceremony you will be required to sign the Marriage Register and Marriage Certificates, together with two witnesses over the age of eighteen and the Marriage Celebrant. You will be presented with your Marriage Certificate and a complimentary copy of your marriage ceremony.
The marriage certificate presented to you on the day of your ceremony cannot be used to have personal documentation (such as your drivers licence or passport) changed to your married surname.

You will require a copy of the Official Certificate of Marriage and you will need to apply for this through the Department of Births, Marriages and Deaths after your wedding. I will provide you with further information on this after your ceremony.